Aparna is a USA-Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist and Life Skills Expert with 18+ years of international experience (includes 10 years in the USA.) She is committed to helping people reach their full potential so they might lead flourishing lives. While in the USA, her professional responsibilities included being the Director of the Psychology and Social Services Department and delivering Life Skills learning services to the organization.
Aparna brings her passion and wealth of international experience to deliver high impact, practical and life enhancing workshops and seminars for corporates, educational institutes [teachers, parents and children] and conferences. She is actively involved in 3 initiatives- Life Skills Experts, A Flourishing Me and Work Skills Experts.
She is the Founder of Life Skills Experts that uses a unique 360® approach to work with educational institutes by involving the teachers, parents and children. The focus is on:
- Parents- teaching parents how they can raise happy and confident children, through the interactive and practical Positive Parenting™ Series. These workshops and seminars have also been conducted in the USA, as well as for corporates and the open public [India International Center- IIC, Delhi; Premier School Exhibition, Epicentre, Gurgaon]
- Children- helping them realize their full potential through the Success at Life ™ curriculum, which draws from positive psychology to build a child's EQ and life skills. Empowering a child with these life skills, in a sustainable way, helps deliver on the promise and potential each child represents. These sessions are conducted for schools and as after school enrichment programs.
- Teachers- the Teacher Transformation Training empowers the teachers in Classroom Management, EQ skills, Inclusive Education and the Life Skills Certification Program.
As a subject expert, Aparna has appeared in numerous print and web articles and has been invited as a speaker to international conferences, the most recent ones being at South Korea, August 2011, the International Conference on Psychology and Wellness with Christ University and the University of Toronto, 2012, The Kathmandu Education Conference and Exhibition, January 2013 and the KRDWG Conference, Alliance Francaise De Delhi, March 2013.
Aparna's educational qualifications include premier national and international institutes and she has received various awards for academics as well as clinical expertise.
- o MS - Management of International Non-Profits, New York University, New York, USA
- o Deans Award for Academic Excellence, New York University, New York, USA
- o Clinical Certifications - Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA
- o LCSW (New Jersey, USA - State Certification for Supervisors)
- o Press-Ganey Award for Clinical Expertise with Children and Adults, USA
- o Pre-Doctoral - NIMHANS [National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences] Bangalore
- o MSW - TISS [Tata Institute of Social Sciences] Mumbai
If you have questions about the Life Skills program, availability and methodology, Aparna can be reached at Aparna@LifeSkillsExperts.com